Home > Uncategorized > Smoke at the MET UPDATES

Smoke at the MET UPDATES

The MET is sticking to its story that the smoke from Monday night’s performance of Hamlet was caused by a gel on stage. Casey Elsass, a MET representative, repeated the claim on the phone with me earlier today. He denied reports from sources inside the MET that the smoke was in fact caused by a malfunctioning electrical outlet, a far more serious and potentuially dangerous situation.

Most of those from whom I’ve heard who were seated upsatirs on Monday evening have expressed surprise that the MET did not summon help from the fire department immediately when the smoke conditions began. Few people familiar with theatrical lighting would believe that a smoldering gel on stage could have filled just one section of the audience with acrid smoke, sending one hundred people out the door mid-aria. Is the MET intentionally covering up their botched and short-sighted reaction to a fire condition in the house? Or does the press office remain as ignorant as the rest of us about a cover-up the MET management wants desperately to perpetuate?

xx

-B

Categories: Uncategorized Tags:
  1. April 21st, 2010 at 21:45 | #1

    Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!

  1. No trackbacks yet.